Tuesday, September 27, 2005

chronicles of an extroverted introvert

hey there. what's up? you know what? I'm a homebody. I never noticed before, cause my last roommate was one too. but here i am, living with two people (plus kitty), and I'm almost always home alone. when I'm not working, I'm either running errands after work, renting a season of some TV show at blockbuster, or at home watching said season of some TV show. It started with Sex in the City, then I did Alias - 3 whole seasons, then season one of One Tree Hill. And right now in my bag, is the first half of the entire series of Freaks and Geeks. And yes, I have a list of other things I want to watch. I'm telling you, this is how TV should have always been. The new season is starting as we speak, and I haven't seen anything live. I've already started my list of all the things I'll probably just wait till the dvd comes out. frightening.

so, anyway i totally got distracted there. i did have a little bit of wine tonight. You know when a group of friends decide they should get together and go dancing... they usually try to plan it like 2 or 3 weeks in advance? And so you pretty well spend that time looking forward to it? Yeah, me too. But like 2 days before I start dreading it. What a hassle, getting dressed, should I buy a new outfit, how will I do my hair, this is totally going to throw off my sleep pattern, I really hate clubs... the guys are so oily and marinated in their cologne du jour.

oh well, this post sucks some really sweaty ass. I should probably delete it. But I won't.

5 comments:

LXA said...

girlfriend you got spammed.

I'm a homebody too.. I like going out and having fun, but the club/party scene isn't for me. I got so tired of being with people who I didn't know.. and I know I'd never see again. So pointless.

TV shows on DVD is so much better! The first show I watched was Sex and the City and I heart it. It's so much fun.. which girl do you think you are?

Can we pwetty pwease get a pic of the kitty??

Sj said...

Yup I know those thoughts before going out for sure. I have those many times.. maybe not about how I will do my hair but that sort of reluctance for sure..

kristin said...

lisa- spammers in comments... that's just dirty! i deleted that... for anyone who wonders what we're talking about. also, you'll see, I turned on word verification... I hope that works.

i'm probably 3 parts Miranda, 1 part Carrie. I mean,the beauty of that show was that it showed that all women are different. and that it's a beautiful thing. so really I'm not like any of them, but I'm also like all of them. If I spend any long amount of time thinking about it, it may cause me to question the validity of the concept of archetypes. well, p'raps i'll post about that the next i'm in an intellectual cycle. right now i'm chick lit and Cosmo. oh, that's bullshit. okay, truth is i'm reading adbusters. i could never read Cosmo. ugh. good question, lisa!

i'll try to get a picture of beyonce up. oops i mean umbria... hahahaa! baby kitty! i love the baby!

kristin said...

lisa... this comment is just so you'll know theres' more here for you to read... you know, that the quantity of comments has increased. spam gone.

Steve - have those thoughts ever made you just not bother to go out, to call up your buddies and say "i'm too tired"? i have, especially since that time you guys "lost" me downtown. ...bastards...

LXA said...

I'd say I'm the same.. Miranda and Carrie.. but oh so wanting to be Samantha! I'm working on being "open" like she is.. and to be honest, I think it's great! No not everything needs to be said like she says it.. but I can appreciate her personality. One of my goals is to have girls like they show on SATC, there for each other no matter what, and very tight. Oh, and I love reading Cosmo. lol.