Friday, September 03, 2004

a new home a new roommate a new cat a new life?

Saturday was moving day. Now I live within walking distance of most of the people I know. The only places I have to travel to are work (30 minutes on the bus) and my folks places (about 45 minutes on the bus). the roommate thing is great. there's always someone there to talk about and it doesn't feel silly to cook dinner anymore. the cat is sweet and funny and a little insane.
the pad is big, bright and roomy with big ceilings so no one will bump their heads like in my old place.
but i've missed buffy and angel all week because of the lag in the cable service and i miss having e-mail at home. but again, the new computer comes on monday so i can't wait.

now, i'm finally reading "Hey Nostradamus!" my second Douglas Coupland novel. it's really something. a very interesting view on humanity. as individuals, we're intriguing, multi-faceted, stubborn, sometimes amoral but usually searching for an understanding of God, of how to be moral. sometimes people stop searching. which is why as a whole, humanity is pretty disgusting and hideous to each other. this book is very quotable - i find myself reading passages thinking that this would make a great post. I feel like he's maybe a very important author. Like Vonnegut.

okay. more later...

1 comment:

Sj said...

Just a quicky comment Kristin:

Talk to Nadia about this book if you get a chance around Kristy's bday thing. She really wanted us to read it. ta ta