Saturday, October 09, 2004

what have I left behind?

what a crap week. my company that I work for, like I mentioned last time, is a fucking joke. an absolute joke. don't get me wrong I like everyone there, just about. a few people I've even really grown to love - that comes so easily to me. but they do not work as a team, they work as little factions and all have such malleable loyalties if you can call them that. they are all stagnant and have really stopped evolving. that's what happens when your boss really does nothing to help people grow, because he's a spineless, second generation little brat who acts with integrity only when it's convenient for him. That's the point of integrity, dude, if you don't have it in the tough times you don't really have it. You know?

Okay, people can evolve even if work sucks. but work actually SUCKS like a vacuum. it steals your energy and your desire and your fuel to grow and expand your horizons and become more integrated and whole as a human being. So I understand why they've given up. I will never give up. And I must must must do whatever I can to help some of these people give up their giving up. I must. Then, and only then will I feel like it's okay to move on from that place. (For anyone who is asking why I don't just leave.)

3 comments:

Sj said...

Hey bud, I am so with you there on the factions @ yr work. Same with mine. We fight to the point of actually not supporting another part of the business which needs it.. because they would be using OUR resources. WE ARE THE SAME COMPANY!!

Anyway..I did have one question? Second generation?

By that do you mean that he is like Data on NextGen as opposed to Spock on orig? jk

kristin said...

second generation - like their dad's started the company and now they run it. their dad's are still around driving people crazy to differing degrees (esp. the one) but it's theirs to run, basically.

kristin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.