Tuesday, April 05, 2005

the beekeeper and the pope

I bought the new Tori Amos CD last night, The Beekeeper and I bought the one with the bonus DVD. I actually have not had a chance to listen to the whole thing straight through, but it's very long. And it's so very Tori. Soulful and passionate and I just love the way she plays with the sounds of words, so you know what words she's singing but she's singing them so differently. I just love that. Did anybody know she collaborated with a journalist to write her autobiography? I'm considering picking it up, I just think she's so interesting. her poetry is so mysterious and yet evocative of personal experiences as I listen to it. I may not be able to listen to anything else but Tori for a while. I may have to immerse myself a bit. Each song (so far) has such a distinct sound - a few are decidedly funky, soul, hip-hoppy. Like I'm not kidding, it's really fabulous. If you already love her, this will only add to it. If you don't know her, I dare you to not love her. okay, enough.

I'm this close to posting my first ever article on my newsy blog. It's going to be where I work on some writing, research and journalistic skills to see if I have what I have it takes. Ironically enough, for those who know me, my first article is going to feature heavily the pope and his death, but mostly the news coverage of said event. Working title: "What I learned about the News Media from the death of the pope." If you're curious, I think it'll be ready tomorrow night. I'll get back to you on that.

1 comment:

Sj said...

Jonesy I can't wait..

wait a minute.. you're not Jonesy!!