Sunday, May 22, 2005

just the smallest of geek-outs

Right now, as we speak I'm embarking on just a minor geek-out. I'm exploring the Star Wars Databank to learn a little bit more about the Jedi Order, the Jedi weapon the Light Saber, Anakin Solo (yes! really! the son of Han Solo and Laeia, grandson of Anakin Skywalker!) and whatever else catches my fancy. Last night I watched Episode I: The Phantom Menace and tonight it was Episode II: The Attack of the Clones, and tomorrow night if my schedule can fit it I'm going to see Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith with my pal Jerry. If my schedule can fit it equals I will wake up at 5:00 in the AM if I have to, to make it fit. I am sooooo excited!

Things are okay. I'm trying to plan a road trip east for this summer, I'm trying to plan my life for the next 2 years, I'm trying to figure everything out all at once because not one stupid thing in my life is settled, not one damn thing makes any sense, everything is kind of all up in the air or a complete mess, really.

the force is strong in you, my child. but you must not give in to the dark side.

3 comments:

Lord Chimmy said...

Give in to the dark side...you will have powers greater than any jedi.

Sj said...

Don't bother to plan any farther than today Kristin...after watching the "final" Star Wars yr life has no more meaning. End it. Unless it is good.. then go see it again

kristin said...

there are books. there's the website. there are conventions. and there's lots of time to hone my skills, mastering the force. it's not over yet.

but it will be good.

it has to.