Monday, May 31, 2004

when your heart has butterflies inside it

similar theme from my other blog, I guess.

I'm watching Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood, and he just had a guest on who sang this song as well as doing the sign language. I know I'm 27, but I can't help it. Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood is such a wonderful show. Probably this will come in handy when I become a Child Psychologist. Did I tell you, that's what I want to do? Anyway. the song. it's sooooo sweet, and so. so. so. i have the butterflies. sometimes your heart is so full it hurts, usually when you wonder if that special someone even wants your love. but you never stop loving. you never stop wanting your heart to be full.

when your heart has butterflies inside it
then your heart is full of love
when your heart is overflowing
then your heart is full of love
when your heart beats for that special someone
then your heart is full of love
when your heart has room for everybody
then your heart is full of love

Mr. Roger's said this:
Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like "struggle." To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now--and to go on caring even through times that may bring us pain.

these are links to some Mr. Roger's quote pages.

You Are Special
Relationships
Difficult Situations
Communicating
Students
Parenthood
Parents, Child-Care Providers, and Teachers
Growing in Adulthood

love. Dr. Victor Paul Weirwille said "You can get enough criticism real quick, but you can never get enough love." And, actually, this is my favourite one "The best way to get people to love you is to love them." and of course "A person needs to be loved the most when they deserve to be loved the least." It may sound trite, or obvious, or cliche, but the more you love people, the more love you have to give. Like it's a muscle that grows. Or something.

ok, ttfn!

love kristin!

No comments: