Friday, March 18, 2005

Me like Big Daddy. I'm big, and you can call me daddy Anytime.

a poem that I wrote on St Patrick's Day @ my favourite Starbuck's

here I am, thinking
Wouldn't it be nice to write a poem?
wondering when...
if I'll see him tonight.
oh, Big Daddy,
your sweet little thing is waiting for you
been waiting,
no hating.
just waiting...
not for 'the one'
but Someone
who could grab my heart and say
look how we're the same.
Don't play me, beautiful
you can ask me anything,
I'll never lie to you
For someone I can believe!
pushing me, so very gentle
in forging this bond
Someone who knows my logic is a front
that I'm hiding my inner neurotic
as if it's a crime.
But this isn't a poem,
it hardly even rhymes!
Is the rhythm only in my imagination?
Are we only pretending to dance?
And do time and circumstance
trump the power of this almost romance
the words pour out of my heart
only now they rhyme.
Big daddy... when did that start?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to know... which Starbucks is your favorite?!?!?

:)
Jac.

LXA said...

ok since I got reprimanded for not commenting the moment I read this LOL... I will now! ...

I just have to wonder who this is talking about? ;) The title made me laugh. starbucks and lover poems, can't get any better! hehe :)

kristin said...

Jac - yonge & charles. has been my fave bux for about 10 years. (this is what you commented on? no like poem?)

Lisa - sarcasm becomes you. who could it be? geez.

I think I told you on Yahoo last night, but the title is a quote from 'my pal' when we decided on a nickname.

LXA said...

haha. I know! I was just being a smartass :)

Sj said...

I have already commented on this in the live version of blogger called our life. So, this is just a place holder or marker to say that I read it. haha :)

Anonymous said...

I guess I just have thoughts about your poem that aren't forming into words... they're random thoughts that remind me a lot of BMB- the hiding behind logic and reason... I wonder who this guy is and if it's going to hurt in the end since he's tied up elsewhere... that's never good. Anyway, I'm all over the place in my head right now...