Wednesday, March 23, 2005

where did it go?

I just added Steve's photoblog to my sidebar, but when I republished, my last post disappeared. Oh no! Where did it go? I promised my next post would not be about Dave. I still mean to keep that promise. I just wish I still had my last post.

Today I bought Rolling Stone Magazine for the tribute for Hunter S. Thompson. Actually I know very little about Hunter S. but not because I never wanted to. I've not really read much yet but I really enjoyed reading some of the snippits about him, especially a letter he wrote to Tom Wolfe. It begins like this: "You worthless scumsucking bastard!" And includes such gems as "You decadent pig. Where the fuck do you get the nerve to go around telling those...(I don't think I can say it)...that I'm crazy? You worthless cocksucker." and "...when I start talking about American writers & the name Tom Wolfe comes up, by god, you're going to wish you were born a fucking iguana!" "you thieving pile of albino warts" "I'll have your goddamn femurs ground into bone splinters" and it ends like this "...that the hammer of justice looms, and that your filthy white suit will become a flaming shroud! Sincerely, Hunter"

Dam, that's some great shit right there! That made me sad to not know him. Sincerely! I love it. I can't wait to get into this tribute for real. There's stuff by Johnny Depp, Benicio Del Toro, Sean Penn, Jack Nicholson and his son Juan. Reading the small amount that I did, reminded me of one of my favourite books, "Jack Kerouac - Selected Letters: 1940 - 1956". I loved reading those honest correspondences and apparently there are 3 volumes of letters by Hunter S. Thompson. I've got to find those!

Steve I love your audioblog, especially the latest picture with Dan on stage. hmmm. why did you never get into journalism?

later gators.

2 comments:

LXA said...

woo! first to comment, but I guess that is my "job" lol

I was coming back to comment about the boys are good for our health.. and it's gone.. but I totally agree! they lighten the mood and make us smile. I was gushing with a girlfriend for hours today... such a wonderful girly feeling :)

kristin said...

lisa - blogger better find my post! it was maybe too long but I don't care! It was mine!

we'll have to chat soon - you would not believe the gushing feeling I had yesterday. ahhh. boys.